Straight Oated Bourbon
For the first time ever, Still Austin is using one of our special Distillery Reserve releases to celebrate photography and the landscape of Texas, with four unique and removable photo-labels featuring the work of celebrated photographer Beau Simmons. The spirit inside the bottle, like all of Still Austin’s releases, is made from 100% Texas-grown grains—in this case, white corn, naked oats and wildfire malted barley. The result is a complex and subtle spirit, bringing the gentle intricacy of oat flavors to Still Austin’s beloved bourbon.
ABOUT THE WHISKEY
This particular effort is a very light, delicate, sweet and creamy bourbon, perfect for a spring release. White corn has a sweet, mellow taste and oats have a creamy flavor, those two grains in the proper proportions fit great together.
This blend utilizes three #3-char barrels and two #1-char wave-stave barrels. Head Distiller John Schrepel notes: “The wave staves, from what we saw, made all the notes more pronounced, producing a darker colored spirit coming out of the barrel. The char 3s were added to balance the overall profile we were going for.”
MASH BILL: 58% white corn, 35% naked oats, 7% wildfire malted barley
AGE STATEMENT: Aged at least 3 years
ABOUT THE LABEL ART
For this unique release, we searched far and wide for a photographer that we felt epitomized the true spirit of Texas—and Beau Simmons certainly fits the bill. Throughout his celebrated career, Beau has focused on using moments captured in time to tell the stories of our home state. From his uncommon perspectives on the Western lifestyle to his captivating work with combat veterans to his efforts to record overlooked instants in the lives of everyday Texans, Beau’s work rises to the challenge of reflecting the diverse and eclectic lives of the Lone Star State.
HOW TO GET A BOTTLE
(PURCHASE PRICE: $100 + tax)
HOW TO GET A BOTTLE:
(PURCHASE PRICE: $100 + tax)
- A purchase link for this release will go live on this page at 2:00PM Central Time on April 10th. Products will be available to purchase on April 10th at 12:00PM Central time for the Order of Nancy, and 2:00 PM for the general public.
- Bottles will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis (limited to two bottles per person).
- BE QUICK TO THE DRAW! This bottle is offered first-come, first-served to customers who complete the checkout process quickly enough to snag one. Shopify will not hold items placed in your cart once they’re sold out; the purchase is not secured until you check out and receive an order confirmation. THIS BOTTLE WILL SELL OUT QUICKLY. MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW!
- After you’ve purchased your bottle, you can pick it up at the Still Austin Distillery beginning Friday, April 14th during Tasting Room hours. If you’re going to have someone pick up a bottle on your behalf, they must have a copy of the Shopify confirmation email.
- There are four unique removable photos labels for this release. Customers will be able to select their preferred photo design when they pick up their bottle at the Distillery, but we cannot guarantee availability.
WE CANNOT SHIP THESE BOTTLES, YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PHYSICALLY PICK THEM UP AT OUR DISTILLERY IN AUSTIN, TEXAS.
To receive an email notification when this bottle goes on sale for the general public, subscribe below.