Distillery Reserve Series - Double Barreled Straight Bourbon Whiskey
This Distillery Reserve release represents Still Austin’s loving tribute to the lost 1967 3D feature The Monster from Four Fathoms, the tale of a bloodthirsty octopus unleashed upon Town Lake by diabolical Texas politicians, in hopes of ridding the capital city of long-haired hippies. We’re particularly excited about the label for this one, which comes with a pair of 3D glasses for viewing. The art was done (in fantastic fashion) by legendary Austin artist Tim Doyle.
Our Distillery Reserve Series releases are highly-anticipated and collectible. This ultra-limited release will be available to purchase only to a few people randomly selected via the online lottery form below.
HOW TO GET A BOTTLE
- Enter your email address below to win a chance to purchase a bottle of Double Barreled Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
- This single barrel release will only result in about 200 bottles total
- If you are selected to purchase a bottle, you will be notified via email on April 1st, 2021 by 12:00 PM CDT (PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU USE A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS!)
- If you are selected to purchase this release, you must follow the instructions emailed to you and purchase via the Still Austin website within 48 hours of being notified.
- The purchase price of this bottle is $100 plus tax
- If you do not complete your purchase within 48 hours of being notified, your spot will be given away!
- After you have purchased your bottle, you can pick it up at the Still Austin Distillery beginning April 10th. Bring a valid ID.
- WE CANNOT SHIP THESE BOTTLES, YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PHYSICALLY PICK THEM UP AT THE DISTILLERY IN AUSTIN, TEXAS.
ENTRY TO THIS LOTTERY IS CLOSED
ABOUT THE WHISKEY
Made from 100% Texas grains, this new whiskey expression combines portions of our high-rye bourbon from six different aging barrels, which were then blended and put into a freshly charred oak cask to continue aging. In total, the bourbon was aged for three years and bottled at 109 proof (54.5% ABV).
This “double-oaked” spirit proves its complexity as soon as it hits the nose, showing up early with hints of creamy vanilla frosting, buttered brown sugar, toffee and custard, followed by lingering scents of apricot, dates and maple syrup. Roasted almonds and caramelized pecans come through on the palate, alongside subtle notes of toasted marshmallow and warm, whipped cinnamon butter, followed by stronger hints of cherry, dark chocolate and fig, providing for a rich and creamy mouthfeel. The spirit ends strong with a long, vanilla-forward finish, fading into enduring impressions of salted chocolate pretzels, nutmeg and cherries.
ABOUT THE LABEL ART
Like the spirits inside, the bottles themselves are works of creative expression. Still Austin enlisted Austin artist Tim Doyle to create the one-of-a-kind 3-D label paying tribute to the lost 1967 3D feature film, The Monster from Four Fathoms.
For the lucky few who are able to purchase one of these bottles, they will receive a commemorative 3D poster signed by Tim Doyle and a pair of custom 3D glasses to view both the label and the poster with.
THE FILM THAT INSPIRED IT ALL
There aren’t many folks still around who actually saw The Monster from Four Fathoms, all that remains of the 1967 3D feature is a grainy movie trailer and this simple plot summary. When we read it, we knew we had our inspiration for our next label.