Distillery Reserve Series - Straight Wheat Whiskey
This Distillery Reserve release celebrates the duality of life: light and dark, nature and technology, life and death, beauty and decay. The interactive label, created by Austin artist Tyler Skaggs, features an alluring maiden dancing with a mysterious serpent. When the viewer scans the QR code, the label’s art springs to life—and the maiden meets a spine-chilling fate.
Our Distillery Reserve Series releases are highly anticipated and collectible. This limited release will only be available for purchase by the lucky 600 individuals who win this Distillery Reserve lottery. Winners are randomly selected. The form to enter the lottery can be found at the bottom of this page. The last day to enter will be August 30th at 11:59PM CST.
HOW TO GET A BOTTLE
(PURCHASE PRICE: $100 + tax)
- THE LOTTERY HAS ENDED.
- Enter your email address, phone, and name below to enter the lottery for a chance to purchase a bottle of this Straight Wheat Whiskey.
- This release will only result in about 600 bottles total.
- If you are selected to purchase a bottle, you will be notified via email on August 31st, 2021, by 12:00 PM CDT (PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU USE A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER!)
- If you are selected to purchase this release, you must follow the instructions emailed to you and purchase via the Still Austin website within 24 hours of being notified.
- If you do not complete your purchase within 24 hours of being notified, your spot will be given away!
- After you have purchased your bottle, you can pick it up at the Still Austin Distillery beginning September 3rd. Your pickup window will be open for two weeks following that date, during Business Hours. You are able to have someone pick up on your behalf; they will just need to show the Shopify purchase confirmation email.
- IMPORTANT: WE CANNOT SHIP THESE BOTTLES. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PHYSICALLY PICK THEM UP AT THE DISTILLERY IN AUSTIN, TEXAS—OR HAVE SOMEONE PICK UP YOUR BOTTLE FOR YOU.
ABOUT THE WHISKEY
Distilled using 100% Winterhawk wheat, this bright and welcoming limited release belies a complex and mysterious finish. Surrender to your fate, and let this enigmatic whiskey give you a glimpse behind the veil. In total, the bourbon was aged for three years and bottled at 105.5 proof (52.8% ABV).
The nose opens with hints of buttered brownie crust and browned butter, followed by scents of fig, apricot, and raspberry. The palate offers up echoes of vanilla ice cream topped with honey, kettle corn, and walnuts, giving way to a delicate creamy finish with lingering impressions of tiramisu and espresso.
ABOUT THE LABEL ART
The artwork on our latest Distillery Reserve release celebrates the duality of life: light and dark, nature and technology, life and death, beauty and decay. On the label, a maiden tempts fate as she dances with an alluring and mysterious serpent. On the release date, you’ll be able to scan the QR code to see how her curiosity soon turns grim.
For the lucky few who are able to purchase one of these bottles, there will also be a limited amount of commemorative posters available for purchase, signed by artist Tyler Skaggs.